Kailash Manasarovar Tour via Lucknow
The Kailash Yatra is one of the most popular religious tours within the South Asian Region. Yatra starts upon your arrival at Lucknow, we will then drive to the city of Nepalgunj and fly to the villages of Simikot, Hilsa and then to Taklakot. We will start our drive to Mansarovar then to Darchen. Major attractions of this trek are Mt. Kailash, Lake Mansarovar, Lake Rakshas, and Tarboche valley.
One of our representatives will pick you up at the airport and guide you to your hotel at Nepalgunj. In the evening, we will meet up in a small dinner to welcome you and brief you about the tour. Overnight at Nepalgunj.
Early morning flight to the village of Simikot takes us about an hour. After that we start our journey with a chartered chopper and will take us to the bordering village of Hilsa where the Karnali crosses from the Tibetan Plateau into the mountain regions on its descent to the Ganges. There, we will finish the immigration process and drive to the village of Taklakot is 56 kilometers up the Karnali. Overnight in Taklakot.
We will spend the day at Taklakot, hike around the place and acclimatize in the surrounding altitude. Overnight at Taklakot.
After having breakfast, we will be driving to one of the holiest and prettiest lake of Mansarovar sitting still at the height of 4560 meters above sea level. Before reaching the lake of Mansarovar, we will stop at the Rakshas Tal to admire its tranquil beauty. The lake is also called the ‘lake of the demon’ and ‘Ravana Tal’ as it is thought to be created by Ravana to garner superpowers through devotion and meditation of Lord Shiva. The lake contains salt water and is thought to be poisonous by the locals. From there, we will move towards the ‘sun’ shaped lake of Mansarovar. The lake is said to overflow the salty water of Lake Rakshas. We will drive around the Mansarovar Kora while the lunch is being prepared. The Kora is said to be a pilgrimage route around a sacred temple, a mountain or a lake. Overnight in Mansarovar.
Today, we will get into our religious outfit and mood and explore the lake of Mansarovar. We will perform some rituals at the bank of the lake. We will view the glorious Mt. Kailash, drive to Yamadwar, explore Darboche Valley and travel to Darchen. Darchen, a small village situated right infront of the sacred mountain, Mt. Kailash. It is the starting point for the pilgrimages in the region. Overnight in Darchen.
After an early breakfast, we will be walking for about two hours to catch our vehicle which will then transfer us to the Nepalese border. In between the drive, we will stop at Darchen for lunch. We will finish all the immigration process and walk up to the bordering village of Hilsa. Overnight in Hilsa.
After breakfast early in the morning, we will take a flight to the village of Simikot. Again, after arriving at Simikot, we will fly towards one of the biggest cities of Nepal, Nepalgunj and drive to Lucknow for final departure.
This day is an extra day in case of bad weather, and unforeseen circumstances.
- All ground transportation by private vehicle
- Nepalgunj – Simikot – Hilsa flight fares
- Airport Pick up and drop off by private vehicle
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included (Veg only)
- Drinking water included
- Mention in the itinerary in the basis twin sharing in Nepal and Tibet and group sharing in Kailash Region.
- Tibet Visa & Permit Included
- All necessary entrance fees in Nepal and Tibet
- Special Kailash Mansarovar Permit
- Applicable entrance fees to visit Monasteries and temples Guide, Staffs & supporters
- Nepali Guide and Tibetan Guide
- Nepali Crew members in Kailash Region
- Emergency evacuations/Rescue expenses, if required.
- Day 08 accommodation in Nepalgunj
- Any extra nights stayed due to bad weather, early arrivals, etc.
- Expenses of personal nature
- Personal horse and Helper during Kailash round/ Parikrama
- Travel & Medical Insurance Permissions and other official formalities
Terms and Conditions
- In case of any hike in the hotel rates, the package cost will be amended accordingly. In case of a change in the train / flight schedule or timing resulting to amend the itinerary, the cost if any, will advised separately and same will be paid by the guest.
- Aananda Holidays is presently not holding hotel for your proposed tour plan. Confirmation is subject to receiving an email from Aananda Holidays of confirmation.
- If the group members do not arrive or depart with the group, additional transfer charges will be applicable.
- Quote does not include any meals, which is not specified. In case the same is required, during transfers, sightseeing and day trips, additional will be charged, on actual (if applicable)
- The rates mentioned above are valid for the dates mentioned above only.
- Please note Budget Hotels in India are very basic accommodation at most of the places.
- In case of any immigration/Visa complications, the cancellation policy shall be applicable in full.