Kailash Overland Tour
Kailash Overland Tour via Kerung takes you to the holy land of Mt. Kailash through the newly opened Nepal-Tibet border of Rasuwagadhi-Kerung. The team of Touch Kailash Travels & Tours will embark on a journey to take you to worship and hike around the sacred land of Mt. Kailash.
Kailash overland tour from Kerung border started from September 2017 as an alternative route for the Mount Kailash, this tour has made Mt. Kailash easily accessible from the outskirts of Nepal. Kailash Overland Tour starts with a sightseeing tour in the capital city of Nepal. The guided holy mount Kailash tour will take us to the UNESCO listed world heritage sites of the Kathmandu valley. After the guided tour, we will get ourselves inside the Langtang National Park and cross the Nepal-Tibet border to arrive at Kerung. From Kerung, we will drive to the villages of Saga, Mansarovar, and Darchen with great views of the sacred Mt. Kailash, Mt. Gurla-Mandala, Rakshash Lake and the Lake Mansarovar. On day 8, we will start our 3 days long Kailash Kora. The major attractions of this tour include the sacred peak of Kailash, Holy Lake of Mansarovar and the highest pass of Drolma La.
The Kailash Overland Tour takes 13 days for completion based on our default itinerary. The trip can be tailored to your preference. The best time to visit the holy Mt. Kailash is between May to August.
Our representative will pick you up at the Tribhuvan International Airport and guide you to your hotel room. In the evening, you will be having a typical Nepali dinner with a brief about the tour. Overnight at the hotel. Meal Included: Pure Veg Lunch and Dinner
We will visit the famous Hindu Temple of the Kathmandu Valley today. After breakfast, we will first get to Pashupatinath, Gujesori temple and then Jalnarayana with lunch in between. overnight stay. Meal Included: Pure Veg Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Today after breakfast we will drive to Syabrubesi via Trishuli Nuwakot. Overnight at Hotel Meal included: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
After breakfast, we will get on a Tourist Bus and start our drive through the black-topped road to get to the newly opened friendship bridge at the Nepal-Tibet border. We will arrive at the 1st village of Tibet, Kerung in about 2 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse Meal Included: Pure Veg Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
We will drive through the high hills on a comfortable black-topped road to get to the village of Saga. The path climbs up and down the passes of Thong La and La Lung before getting us comfortably to the village of Saga. Along the way, we will be able to see Lake Peikutso and the typical yak and sheep grazing technique of the Tibetan people. Overnight at Guesthouse. Meal Included: Pure Veg Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
After an early breakfast, we will drive towards the highest fresh Water lake in the world. The holy lake of Mansarovar lies at an altitude of 4558 meters with greenish-blue colour. It is believed that the lake was once a resting place of Lord Bishnu. It is surrounded by Mt. Kailash, Mt. Gurula-Mandala and the Lake Rakshash. Lake Rakshash is thought to be created by the evil King Ravan which is why the locals think that the water here is poisonous. Overnight at Guesthouse Meal Included: Pure Veg Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Today, we will get into the colours of religion and explore the holy lake of Mansarovar. We will perform some rituals and then, get going to the village of Darchen. Along the way, we will be able to take a peek at the holy Mt. Kailash. Darchen was previously known as Lhara. The village is situated right in front of the sacred Mt. Kailash. Overnight at Hotel Meal Included: Pure Veg Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
We will drive to the small settlement of Tarboche. Tarboche is the starting point of the Kailash Kora. Yamadwar, the gateway of the god of death, is located in Tarboche. From here, we will walk a few hours to arrive at the village of Derapuk situated infront of the north face of Mt. Kailash. Today, we will be able to see the beautiful views of the Gurla-Mandala, Ape, Kamet and other high peaks. Overnight at Derapuk. Meal Included: Pure Veg Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Today is the longest and hardest trek day of the Kailash Kora. We will walk up the highest pass of Drolma La to arrive at the village of Juthulpuk. First, we will be heading to the village of Jarok Donkhang. From there, we will hike towards the Shiva-tsal. In Shiva-tsal, people are thought to undergo a symbolic death just to reborn again. They are believed to get reborn once they arrive at the top of the Drolma La Pass. We will rest here for some time and then, descend steeply to get to the banks of the Lham-chu Khir River. We will follow the river and get to the Khando Sangam La facing the eastern side of Mt. Kailash. Sometime after that, we will be in the village of Juthulpuk. The place got its name from the famous cave of Juthulpuk or the miracle cave. Along the way, we will be able to view the Buddha’s footprints. Overnight at Juthulpuk. Meal Included: Pure Veg Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
During the morning, we will be exploring the caves and temples around the Milarepa cave. After breakfast, we will hike some 3-4 hours to complete our Kora and get back to the village of Darchen. We will have lunch there, and drive back to the village of Saga. Overnight at the teahouse. Meal Included: Pure Veg Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
We will drive back to the village of Kerung on a comfortable ride. We will have some free time as we descend on a paved path. We will spend the rest of the time relaxing. Overnight at teahouse Meal Included: Pure Veg Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Today, we will cross the Nepal-Tibet border and get back to the capital city of Kathmandu. Overnight at the hotel. Meal Included: Pure Veg Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Our representative will take you to the international airport of Nepal for your departure Meal Included: Pure Veg Breakfast, Lunch
- All arrival and departure arrangements
- 03 Nights accommodation in Kathmandu hotel on twin sharing
- 01 Night accommodation in Syaprubesi, Langtang national park (Local Guesthouse)
- 09 Nights accommodation in Kailash (Local Guesthouse)
- Buffet veg foods in entire trip (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- English speaking Tibetan guide for custom formalities
- Nepali team leader/ Co-ordinator
- Experience staff team
- All private transportation by Bus
- Tibet travel permit and Tibet visa
- Entrance fees of Lake Manasarovar and Kailash
- Entrance fees of Langtang National park
- Duffel bag to keep your goods during Kailash tour
- Warm jacket and sleeping bag in returnable based if you need
- Emergency evacuation management
- Personal expenses, Insurance, Medical expenses and Emergency rescue
- Personal horse and Helper during Kailash Parikrama
- More than 3 nights hotels in Kathmandu in case of unforeseen circumstances like the late permit, or early arrive from Kailash
Terms and Conditions
- In case of any hike in the hotel rates, the package cost will be amended accordingly. In case of a change in the train / flight schedule or timing resulting to amend the itinerary, the cost if any, will advised separately and same will be paid by the guest.
- Aananda Holidays is presently not holding hotel for your proposed tour plan. Confirmation is subject to receiving an email from Aananda Holidays of confirmation.
- If the group members do not arrive or depart with the group, additional transfer charges will be applicable.
- Quote does not include any meals, which is not specified. In case the same is required, during transfers, sightseeing and day trips, additional will be charged, on actual (if applicable)
- The rates mentioned above are valid for the dates mentioned above only.
- Please note Budget Hotels in India are very basic accommodation at most of the places.
- In case of any immigration/Visa complications, the cancellation policy shall be applicable in full.