Motorbike Tour to Kailash
This itinerary is designed to travel through the different landscapes in the Himalayan region. We will visit the Holy Kailash Parbat along with different UNESCO World Heritage Sites. We will also experience biking through the nomad villages and lifestyles of the people in the Himalayas.
Our representative will pick you up from the airport and guide you to the hotel. In the evening, we will have a short briefing about the tour. Meet your mechanic and guide while we will collect your original passports, fill a form with one PP size of your picture for your Tibetan visa. Overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu.
We prepare your Tibetan visa and you can visit UNESCO heritage sides in Kathmandu valley. Hindu temples, Buddhist stupa, typical villages, oldes palace etc. It also will be your test riding before long journey. Overnight at hotel in Kathmandu.
We start our ride after breakfast in Kathmandu hotel following the Trisuli river side along well paved road. After Betraoti, road condition in between is rough. Reach at Shyaprubesi which is inside of Langtang national park. Overnight at lodge in Syabrubesi.
We will take short ride to Kerung today, the first town of Tibet. Drive to Nepal Tibet border and cross Tibet side after finishing all the custom formalities. Guide will take care all the formalities. Transfer to hotel. Simple hiking activities in near the town for your body acclimatization in high altitude can be done.
Extra day in Kerung for acclimatization in high altitude. We can plan short hiking tour around the valley or riding tour around the place.
After breakfast drive to Saga. Far south you can see snow-capped mountain peaks. Most of the time you will be driving on plains, hence a comfortable drive. We also can go further to Pariyang or to New Dongba today for overnight.
Early breakfast and get ready for driving to Manasarovar. Late afternoon you can have first view of Holy Mt. Kailash and Lake Mansarovar. You also have option to make Manasarovar Lake Parikrama by your bike. Holy Mansarovar (14950 ft/4558m) – the highest lake of fresh water with turquoise complexion in the world is full of fishes and swans. Holy Mt. Kailash, Mt. Gurula-Mandala, Lake Rakshash are lying on its surrounding. The region is considered rich for gold and other mines, hot springs and hundreds of wild living creatures. Night will be spending at Chui Gompa at guest house.
Holy Mansarovar is the lake of compassion, tranquility and bliss. After completing the memorable morning exporing the Lake. We further drive to Darchen, base camp of Mt. Kailash and prepare for the parikrama the following day. Overnight at hotel in Darchen.
We will embark on a 3-day parikrama from today, leaving our bikes at Darchen. We will drive to Yamadwar in the Tarboche Valley- the valley of gods to start our parikrama. We can get horses/ ponies/ helpers for the parikrama. We will catch sight of the west face of Mt. Kailash on our way. After hiking for around 5 to 6 hours, we will reach Derapuk, from where we can see the north face of Mt. Kailash. Overnight at guest house in Derapuk.
Today is the longest and hardest trek day of the Kailash Kora. We walk up the highest pass of Dolma-La to arrive at the village of Juthulpuk. First, we will be heading to the village of Jarok Donkhang. From there, we will hike towards the Shiva-stal. We will rest here for some time and then, take a steep downhill to get to the banks of the Lham-chu Khir River. After some time, we reach the village of Juthulpuk. The place got its name from the famous cave of Juthulpuk or ‘the miracle cave’. Along the way, we will be able to catch sight of the Buddha’s footprints. Overnight at Guest House.
During the morning, we will be exploring the caves and temples around the Milarepa cave. After breakfast, we will hike some 3-4 hours to complete our Kora and get back to the village of Darchen. We will have lunch there, and ride back to the village of Saga. Overnight at Hotel.
Drive back to Kerung following same way.
Cross Nepal Tibet boarder and drive back to Kathmandu by same way.
Extra day in Kathmandu. You also can choose any activities today like sightseeing or short ride to neighboring villages.
We transfer you to International airport for your final departure. Or further activities in Nepal.
- Arrival and departure arrangement
- Overnight at hotel in Kathmandu on twin sharing room as per itinerary
- Half-day sightseeing in UNESCO heritage site in Kathmandu
- Arrangement of Tibet permit and visa
- Permit of Motorbike to Tibet
- Immigration formalities including deposit for bike
- Backup transportation in the entire tour
- An English-speaking Tibetan guide
- Bike Mechanic
- Accommodation in Tibet/ Kailash sharing Hotel and Guesthouses
- Every morning breakfast in the entire tour
- First aid kit box
- Emergency evacuation management
Terms and Conditions
- In case of any hike in the hotel rates, the package cost will be amended accordingly. In case of a change in the train / flight schedule or timing resulting to amend the itinerary, the cost if any, will advised separately and same will be paid by the guest.
- Aananda Holidays is presently not holding hotel for your proposed tour plan. Confirmation is subject to receiving an email from Aananda Holidays of confirmation.
- If the group members do not arrive or depart with the group, additional transfer charges will be applicable.
- Quote does not include any meals, which is not specified. In case the same is required, during transfers, sightseeing and day trips, additional will be charged, on actual (if applicable)
- The rates mentioned above are valid for the dates mentioned above only.
- Please note Budget Hotels in India are very basic accommodation at most of the places.
- In case of any immigration/Visa complications, the cancellation policy shall be applicable in full.